Thursday, December 17, 2009

Brothers




I expected this movie to be super intense and I was sadly disappointed. Now I understand that movies about war are suppose to be very depressing and this surely did that, but it was predictable..

We've got high school sweethearts who are married and have 2 kids, he's the perfect son and she's the beautiful wife. He's leaving for another tour of Iraq and just before he leaves his delinquent older brother gets out of jail. It's the classic story of their father holding a grudge against the rebellious son who tried to rob a bank and holds his other son who is following in his footsteps in very high regard. Some obvious tension there. Good son leaves, is MIA in Iraq and labeled as dead, the marines (I think thats them) tell the wife and family that he's been killed. The "shitty" brother starts stepping up to the plate and helping around the house. this is a red flag, we all know what's coming... lonely housewife, missing her husband, obviously starts to fall for his brother.
Well guess what, the husband comes home after some fucked up time in Iraq, and has lost his mind.

I felt as though this movie had a good story, but took a long time to get to the intense moment between brothers and then abruptly ended.


I didn't hate it, and I didn't love it. I'd say it was decent.



0 comments:

Post a Comment