Saturday, January 2, 2010

Precious




If you haven't heard about this movie, you probably live under a rock...

This movie is obviously depressing, we have an overweight young girl living with her alcoholic/abusive mother, who has been raped by her father and then having two of his kids. Teachers just pass her so that no one has to deal with her. She starts going to another school and meets a teacher that has faith in her and the rest of the delinquent girls in her class.... slightly Dangerous Minds-esqe.

Although this movie is winning tons of awards and highly acclaimed, I didn't come away with feeling that this movie would make my top ten of the year.

After seeing Precious, I don't feel like I ever need to see it again, it sorta knocks the wind out of you, kicks you in the shin and spits in your face... and that's how Mariah Carey looks in the movie.


I would recommend you to see this movie if you're looking to be depressed





0 comments:

Post a Comment