Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Invention of Lying


I love Ricky Gervais, this man has proven himself with bringing us such wonderful television like The Office and Extras, but this movie fell flat. I was left bored and unamused. I hate to say that!

When I heard about the movie I thought only good things, I mean Ricky Gervais with Tina Fey, Jennifer Garner and a guest appearance by Martin Starr!... I was bound to enjoy myself.

A man who is short, plump and not wealthy lives in a world where people cannot tell lies, he some how breaks the rules and lies to his mother who is ill, his life then spirals into a world where he is the mouth piece for a 'Higher Being'... I mean come on, this has comedy written all over it... sike.

I only found Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais to be funny in the movie, and even then it was seldom. I could make a joke about not being able to lie to you about this movie because of the subject, but that would just be ridiculous.


Not Recommended.



1 comments:

rm. said...

I watched this and couples retreat in the same week, and was ready to give up on movies altogether.

Post a Comment